Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Funnies:

We had a random and unexpected, but VERY appreciated, rain shower last night.
(THANK YOU GOD!)
Alanna said "Mom, can I go and play in the rain please?"  I thought of one hundred reasons why she shouldn't.  It was 30 minutes before her bedtime.  It was thundering and lightening.  She might get muddy.  She would for sure need a bath.  And on and on and on.
But then I realized that this might be our last time to see rain for a long while.  And the last couple of weeks have been super stressful and this was something fun.  And it's HOT outside, so the rain felt really good.  And sometimes you just have to throw our your worries and just go for it.
"Sure, honey.  Go for it!"  She looked at me like I was crazy and said "Really?  Are you serious?  I thought you would say no!"  We had fun in the rain and she said it was her favorite part of the whole day.

Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment