Thursday, March 13, 2014

PBS Station Tour:

Side note: I love my home school group!  

We went to tour the local PBS TV station yesterday and we got to watch a live recording!  I wasn't sure how interested Alanna would be, but she LOVED it!
 Each kid got a turn being the camera person, the director, and the anchor.
Of course, Alanna rocked it!!
 They also got to "answer the phones" for the telethon.
 We were instructed to be super quiet during the live recording.  I'm proud to say that we didn't have any problems. =)  This was so neat to watch!  It was "Homework Hotline" where kids call in live to ask their homework questions.
All the kids were amazed at all the TVs and shows that were playing at one time.  One of the men that worked here said "When I was little, I watched a lot of TV.  My parents always told me that I would never get a job watching TV and that I should find something else to do.  I proved them wrong."  Thanks PBS TV man.  Alanna now thinks that if she watches more TV, she will get a job at PBS. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment