Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Horse Rescue:

We went with a group of friends to a cute little horse rescue that had all kinds of animals running around on their property.  We took carrots to feed to the horses. 
 Alanna was NOT so sure about those big chompers and those huge wiggling lips! She wouldn't hold the carrot up high enough for them to actually get it.
This poor horse tried and tried to get this carrot from her...
Look at this poor thing breaking his neck just trying to get a carrot.  I felt bad for him and finally gave it to him myself. =)  Also...Alanna insisted to wear a fancy tutu outfit with a big bow and church shoes to this farm.  I wasn't up for the fighting, so I let her do it.  She looked SO out of place.  In fact, a complete stranger came up and wished her a happy birthday! HA!  When I told them it wasn't her birthday, they were shocked and said "I just knew it was because of her special outfit."  Little did they know that this is every day in our house!  Oh the joys of living with a diva!!  HAHA!

The farm his this area for kids to play in with this old school wooden merry go round.  They ALL got the biggest kick out of it.  The sweet girl in the pink hoodie was so concerned about the little kids being on the outside and didn't want the boys to run too fast.  So sweet.  She kept a close eye on Alanna.

 Alanna finally told her "You know I'm 4 right?  I'm a big girl and I like to go fast!"  Little stinker.  She has no fear.  This was such a fun day and at night when I was tucking her in, I asked her what her favorite part of the day was.  She said "The best part was when the horse sneezed on you and you got snot all over your shirt and arm!!!!"  True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment