Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dogsitting Diaries:

To Alanna's great pleasure, and to Cie-J's great dismay, I agreed to dog sit for a friend who had to leave town quickly for a funeral.  There is not much in this life that my husband dislikes more than Yorkies.

Meet Maggie...
and Rambo....
...the Yorkies.

Cie-J was thrilled er, I mean less than thrilled to see these little muts in our house.  In fact, I caught him doing this:

Alanna was SO EXCITED that we had little dogs that could sit in her lap!  She literally sat and held these dogs all weekend long!!
This is Thursday night when we got them.  They were happy to sit up on the couch because there was a 70lb dog waiting for them on the floor.  Haha.

 
This is Friday.  They loved the attention from Alanna and she loved the job of petting and taking care of them.  She fed them and let them out.  She was a big help.

 This is Saturday morning in jammies.  I barely got her away from them to eat breakfast.  She loves bacon, but I think these Yorkies are a close second to bacon. =)

Here is Sunday.  See?  I meant the word literal when I said that she sat with these dogs all weekend.  My girl is a dog lover.  She said she wants to own 5 when she is an adult. OH MY!

Sadly for Alanna, and happily for the adults, the dogs had to go home on Sunday night.  I told Alanna to tell the dogs goodbye before bed because the owners were coming after her bed time.  When they knocked on the door at 7:30pm, she was THRILLED to be able to run downstairs and say goodbye again. (7:30 is bed time, so she was still awake)
 (check out her curls!!!)
This is her good bye picture.  Two seconds after I snapped it, she broke down into full on sobs.  It was very sad to let the dogs go back home.  The silver lining is that we can go and visit them any time we want!

Goodbye Yorkies. 
(Cie-J would say Good Riddance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment