Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The day after Nana and Papa left, Mamaw came!!

 She met Alanna at the airport with a mustache!

I was very thankful to have her here, because I ended up getting three wisdom teeth out and getting sick from the meds they gave me.  It was a rough week for me.

While I was home recovering...Mamaw and Daddy took Alanna fishing for her first time!  She got to pick out her very own princess fishing pole and she even touched the worm!  I was so sad to miss this, but I knew she was in good hands.  I don't touch worms or fish.  I cast. =)  Mamaw also bought them hats so no one would get a sunburned nose.  Good idea!  Of course, Alanna picked a pony one with sparkles.  I was not surprised.
 Mamaw and I have a long standing tradition of making tamales together when she comes to visit.  It's a lot of work, but it's SO worth it in the end!!  We ended up making 78 tamales!  It was really neat because this was the first time that Alanna got to help us.  She was in charge of the masa.  She also ate several bites of the meat when she thought no one was looking.  Haha.  We all enjoyed the tamales for dinner that night (even though I had to mash mine up like baby food) and Cie-J even took a dozen to work a few days later to show off. =)

I'm sad that I didn't get more pictures during her visit, but I was just not feeling the best.  We really had a great time and we always look forward to Mamaw coming to visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment