Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Alanna's Make Over:

Our mall got a new store called Ulta.  It's really nice and big and carries my brand of make-up!  YAY!  

Alanna and I went in the other day to look around and she quickly found some purple eyeshadow that she  thought she HAD to have.  I told her no.  Then the nice sales lady said "I can put some on her if you don't mind.I wanted to say "Are you crazy?  Make up on a two year old?"  But I didn't, and Alanna had jumped up in the chair before I could say anything anyway. 
 It started with a little eye shadow.  Of course it was the deepest, ugliest purple color...but I couldn't talk her out of it.  The sales lady dabbed the tiniest bit on the brush and applied it to her eyes. Alanna stood up on the chair and looked in the mirror.  We both expected her to smile and shine, but her face was so serious.  She cut her eyes to the sales lady and said "Ummmm.....I need more!"  We busted out laughing.  This girl was serious about her make-up!
 Then the sales lady asked if she could do some gloss on her lips too.  Alanna was puckering up before I  could say 'sure'.  She sat there so still and so serious, it was the funniest thing.  I can't say that I actually liked it.  That shade of purple made her fair skin look like she had two black eyes, poor girl.  But she LOVED IT and made me promise to leave it on so daddy could see it! HA!
She literally fell asleep as I was carrying her to the car, so I couldn't get a good picture, but here is the end result.  The lady ended up spraying her with perfume as we left the store too.  She ALSO told Alanna to come back and they could play with make-up again.  
Oh my!  

Daddy and I made sure to tell her how pretty she is WITHOUT make-up on and that she doesn't need to wear it until she is much older.


No comments:

Post a Comment