Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Deployment, Angels, and Alanna:

I have a college friend that is married to a Marine.  He deployed about a month ago. (for the third time)  Every night we pray for Mr. Elder and all the troops to be protected and safe.  Alanna asked me one night WHY they need to be safe.  It was really sad that I had to explain the concept of war to a four year old.  Alanna asked if Mr. Elder has any kids.  I told her that yes, he has two little girls.  She asked me if they were sad that their daddy was gone.  I told her that they most likely were and that we should pray for them too.  She then lit up and said "I have a great idea!  I can write them a letter to tell them that I pray for their dad and that angels are protecting him!"  
Sweet sweet girl.  
The next day, I ordered a book that a friend of mine and her son wrote (Daddy's Deployment) while his dad was deployed to send to Mr. Elder's girls, and Alanna drew a picture of men and women holding guns in the war and a big angel with wings over the top of them.  It was amazing!  Together, we packed it up and sent it to our friends.

I love that this girl has such a tender heart for others. 
I am proud that she wanted to encourage Mr. Elder's family by sending them a package.
I am thankful that our Father God DOES in fact send His angels to stand watch over us.

Psalm 91:11
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..."

No comments:

Post a Comment