Monday, December 6, 2010

Tasty Tuesday...

I have the BEST meatloaf recipe in the WORLD!!!

It is my mother in laws recipe and it is darn good.
Try it, you won't regret it.

1# ground chuck or sirloin
1/2--3/4 # hot italian sausage  (slightly more beef than pork)
couple eggs
1 snack size crunched up cheese-its 
1T Tuscan seasoning (if you don't have this, italian would work too)
1pkg meatloaf seasoning
1/4c chopped onion
1/4 c finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4c finely chopped red bell pepper  
(I buy the frozen onion and peppers...it works great!!)
dash of liquid smoke
 
Mix all the stuff up.  Add spicy V8 (half a can).  Bake @ about 350 for 45 min, (drain it) then the last 15 min or so @ 425.  Brush the top w/ketchup or BBQ sauce the last 15 mins.

This recipe changed my life.  I hated meatloaf until I ate this.  Try it tonight!  Your family will thank you.
Today I am thankful for nap time.  Most mom know what I mean.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment