Tuesday, December 27, 2011

San Antonio Children's Museum:

A couple of weeks ago, I had to take my car back to San Antonio for repairs.  Alanna and I made a fun day of it by going to the children's museum.  It was a total blast!!!  She had so much fun.  They have three different levels and each one is totally different.

 This was a bearded dragon that we saw there.  I told Alanna that Daddy used to have a bearded lizard and she just couldn't understand it.  She thought it was gross and ugly and not fun at all. (HA!  Just like her mommy)  She wasn't impressed.  I had to beg her to let me take a picture for us to send to daddy.
 On the third level they had this really neat airplane.  This was one of Alanna's favorite things!!  She went right to the captain's seat and thought she was the boss!  She would turn around and yell "are you ready boys?!?"  It cracked me up.  I have no idea where she's heard that from!
 This was a neat little sand box that had things buried in it.  They had paint brushes there that you could use to dig.  Or excavate I guess.  She found bones, old pieces of metal and a cup.  This was really fun but it was a challenge to keep the sand IN the box.
Down in the basement they had a whole little HEB grocery store set up.  It was the coolest thing!!  Everything was kid sized.  Alanna LOVED to go shopping and bought a ton of stuff.  Then they had a check out that beeped and she got to check out her own groceries.  We then brought it back to this little table and pretended to eat it all.  She thought the laundry detergent bottle was juice and the big round bread was a birthday cake.  I was so proud of her for buying so many fruits and vegetables!!

All in all, the children's museum was a blast and we can't wait to go back!  If you are ever in San Antonio, you HAVE to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment