Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Voting:

I took Alanna with me to vote.
(if you are a Democrat, you may want to stop here)

As soon as we walked in she asked in her a sweet one volume toddler voice, "Mommy?  Where's Obama?!?" She's seen parts of the debates with us and knows who he is because we talk about him often.  When I told her I was going to vote for a president, she fully expected him to be there.  HA HA!

I checked in and went to my poll booth to cast my ballot.  She sat in a chair next to me.  She took one look at what I was doing and asked me what was going on.  I quietly told her I was voting for a new president.  (We've discussed this a lot in our house.) She then said, "Yep, Daddy says Obama tells lies, so we don't vote for him." AHHHHHH!  Thankfully there was only one other person voting when I was, so no one was there to freak out on me.  And, thankfully, we live in Texas so 98% of the people agree with her. ;)  She even got a thumbs up from the man that checked us in.

We got our stickers that said we had voted and left.  The rest of the day, any time someone saw our stickers and commented to her, she would say "I helped mommy vote for Romeney.  (Yes, that's spelled like she says it.)  

They may make a new law in Texas that you can't bring kids next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment