Thursday, September 12, 2013

Part 2:

We didn't like saying *goodbye* to friends...so we went for pedi's and cupcakes instead!  These little girls had a blast!
Wyatt enjoyed his special cupcake. 
Saying goodbye is hard.  Not fun at all. =(

But then we hit the road.... 
 Only in West Texas will you see a store like this! I laughed for a long time.
And then you will see absolutely nothing else because West Texas is full of nothing...boring nothing.
 But FINALLY after a long drive full of nothing, we saw mountains in the distance!!!
And they got closer!  Just beautiful!  Alanna was so sad that they didn't have snow on top of them.  She just knew that mountains were supposed to be covered in snow. =)  These were just mole hills compared to real mountains but I didn't have the heart to tell her that.
 Then Arizona happened!  More nothing!!! 
 But this nothingness was wide, open, and breath taking!  It just lasted longer than I wanted it to.  But just as I was completely OVER Arizona....
...Flagstaff happened!!  Mountains, pine trees, grass!  It was such a breath of fresh air!  It was 55* in the evening.  That's a temperature that we haven't felt in years! (or months)  If I ever get the chance to live in Flagstaff, AZ I will jump at it.  It is gorgeous and quaint and wonderful.  I hope to go back someday.

And then...drum roll please.....we made it to Nevada!
Look closely in the middle by the mountain.  Nevada greeted us with a rainbow!  We took that as a sign that we were in the right place at the right time.  Thank you God for your provision!
Then we had our first Nevada sunset!  
I hope I never tire of this majesty.
Yay!  We got to see our new house!  Look at that tiny little girl in front of it?!?  She was so excited!  And look at our neighbors!  I have never seen houses so close together in my life.
Then we had this sunset.

It's safe to say that we LOVE Nevada.

And now you are all caught up.  Next week I'll document all of our fun we've had since being here.  We got to play tourist and it was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment