Thursday, June 6, 2013

Skating Party:

Alanna has never tried to skate before .................until yesterday.
Awana was having an end of the year party and I was hesitant to go.  I wasn't sure how skating and a three year old would mix.  It ended up being a TON of fun!  Alanna was thrilled to skate and did really well actually.  The man at the skate counter tightened her wheels so they wouldn't fly out from under her.  BIG HELP!  She really more or less walked around the skating rink.  They had a bar all the way around for her to hold on to also.  Most of the time I walked around the rink with her, holding her hand. (in my tennis shoes)
Her favorite part was the disco ball in the middle, but every time she tried to look at it, she'd end up falling. After several times around, she decided that she didn't want to hold my hand anymore.  She'd say "Mom, I can do this.  I don't need you anymore."  I continued to walk around with her without holding her hand.  She felt so big!  Then she said "Mom, just let me go around one time alone okay?"  AHHH!  I didn't want to, but I let her.  She's three.  I was so proud of her for doing it!! (There weren't a ton of people there and the floor was pretty empty by this time.)
About 3/4 of the way around, she got tired and sat down to take a rest. ;)
 Then we took off her skates and she got to walk with "Baby Shyne" around the rink.  She LOVED that!
Such a fun time!  We are considering having her birthday party here in August!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment