Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Vacation Bible School:

Most of the VBS's in town are for kids in kindergarten up to sixth grade.  When we found one that took preschool aged kids, we jumped at the chance.  I grew up going to VBS (at least two or three different ones) and that's what made the summer so much fun!  I have fond memories of kool-aid and cookies served by the grandmas of the church. =)  I told Alanna about it and she was ready to go!  
She calls it "Bible School."
She and her friend Karis were so excited to go and be in class together.  All I could say to the teachers was "Good luck!"  Haha.  
It ended up being this tiny little church that I've passed 100 times before and never ever noticed.  They had about 40 kids attend on the first day.  The teachers and volunteers were so friendly and very excited to have our kids there.
When I went back to pick Alanna up, she was talking as fast as she could about everything she did and learned and how much fun she had.  I was so happy she had a great experience.  Then she stopped and very seriously told me that there was one big problem with this church.  The water smelled like poo poo and she couldn't drink it or even make her hands clean.  I had to investigate.  We went to the restroom and sure enough, they have sulfur water.  HAHA!  I didn't want to wash my hands either!!  We chose to use hand sanitizer in the car instead. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment