Thursday, June 9, 2011

From Baby to Big Girl:

Last week, Alanna discovered that she could climb out of her crib.  I had put her to bed and she came back out about 5 minutes later.  It was the weirdest thing to see her coming out of her room at night by herself.  I almost had to look twice.

She said "mommy, bonk" and held her head.  We knew then and there that it was time for the crib to go, but I didn't want to.  I put her back to bed and the next morning when I went to get her she had one leg already over the side!  It was time.
We took the front rail off of her crib that night and she went bonkers!  She jumped and squealed and thought it was the coolest thing.
SEE?!?  Her feet are off the mattress!  HAHA!

We tried her bed this way for a very short time, but she kept rolling out of bed.  Now we just have her mattress on the floor as we wait for her big girl bed to be delivered!!  So exciting.

Good bye cute bumper and bedding.  
Good bye crib.

 I thought I would be super sad to see her crib go.  I had visions of crying and sobbing in the middle of her floor.  Thankfully, that didn't happen.  

We have a big girl bed, big girl bedding, and all kinds of fun stuff coming soon!  Although I am a bit sad to see it all go, I am loving this new stage in our lives.
Pictures will come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment