Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Mama, Toot:

There are several words that Alanna says that have dual meanings.  She gets super frustrated if I don't understand what she is saying after the second or third time.

Here's an example...
'TOOT' means the actual meaning "toot"

But it also means "cute" too.  And I am supposed to know the difference when she is saying it. 

Here is a conversation that happened two days ago:
Alanna: "Mommy, toot."
Me: "Oh, did you toot?"
Alanna: "No mommy....toot." 
Me: "Do you need to sit on the potty?"
Alanna: "NO MOMMY....TOOT!"
Me: "Do I need to change your diaper?"
Alanna: "NO NO NOOOO MOMMY!"

Ah, I finally got it.  She was telling me something was cute.  Context is VERY important.

She also says "beep" for the word burp and for the word grape.  Sometimes I ask her what she wants for a snack several times just so I can hear her say it again.  It's so cute.
Also, tonight she grabbed her purse and headed to the door.  She looked at me and said "come on mommy."  I asked her where we were going and she said "shopping."  I asked where and she said "wal-mart." 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment